Tuesday, October 2, 2012

ONE FINE DAY

I woke up that cool, windy day with the immediate thought that I should have had my period a week ago. A day before my supposedly period, I took a pregnancy test and it showed negative. So I waited.

No period came.

And then that day. August 27, one fine dandy Monday.

We were scheduled to have our date at the mall (a date on a Monday!), and since I got there earlier than he did, I decided to buy a pregnancy test kit. The pharmacy did not have the brand that I was used to, only the lower priced ones. I was doubtful at first when it comes to their accuracy but hey, I can take another test anytime.

After purchasing the kit, I bought a bottle of water to induce some pee. Hehe! I walked around, and when my bladder started screaming "go!", I rushed to the ladies room and the pregnancy testing began.

We have done three or four tests before, and they always turned out negative. I was a bit convinced as I placed three drops of urine on the stick that, as usual, I will get a negative. The only hope I had was that I am a regular when it comes to menstruation cycles, so missing my period for a week was already...exciting!

I watched as the urine crept over the test band area. A tear ran over my cheek as the test strip (labeled as "T") turned red. And then the control band "C" followed. There you go. Two red lines. Two lines that symbolize union of sperm and egg. Two lines that stand for a dream come true. Two lines that prove our love for each other has finally bore its fruit.

Image from www.americangreetings.com

Munchkin called me and said he was already within the mall premises. We met up at our "favorite" parking lot exit and went to the car. No words could ever describe his reaction when I showed him the strip. We cried and hugged each other for a long, long time... to a point where a guard approached our car and thought we were on some sort of monkey-lovin' business.

And so Mommy Cheesecake and Daddy Munchkin's journey with Baby began. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment